- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cold margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup OR Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For Cookie Crust: Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat flour, margarine, sugar and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press firmly into bottom and 1/4 inch up side of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Filling: Combine corn syrup and chocolate chips in large, heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat just until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake 30 minutes or until filling is firm around edges and slightly firm in center.
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.