- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips OR 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 15 peppermint hard candies, crushed
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer for 1 minute or until well mixed. Add flour mixture at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Form each half of dough into an 8-inch log; wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours or up to 1 month.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Slice frozen dough into 1/4-inch slices on a cutting board; reshape into circular shape, if desired. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool cookies for 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack.
- Microwave chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds on HIGH (100% power). Continue to heat and stir in 10 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Spoon a scant teaspoon of chocolate onto each cookie and sprinkle with peppermint candy. Let cool for 3 to 4 hours until chocolate has set or briefly chill cookies to set the chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.