- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate, melted, cooled 5 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla thoroughly using an electric mixer. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten using fingers or a flat bottomed drinking glass (dipped in sugar to prevent sticking). If desired, carve faces into each cookie using a thin knife.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.