- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Guinness® Stout
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- 4 to 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 30 muffin cups (2-1/2 inch) or line with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine corn syrup, beer, butter, eggs, vanilla and sour cream in a large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for two minutes. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well blended. Batter will be very thin.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 12 minutes; rotate pans and bake an additional 12 to 14 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool five minutes; remove from pans onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and enough cream, on low speed, to make a creamy texture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Top each cupcake with a dollop of frosting and dust with cocoa powder.