- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon Fleischmann’s Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold & cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese, cold & cubed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup finely chopped raisins
- 1 cup holiday jam or marmalade
- To the bowl of a food processor add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder & cinnamon. Pulse until blended.
- Add the butter & cream cheese. Pulse until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Add the egg yolks & vanilla. Pulse until dough comes together. Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface & divide the dough in half. Shape into discs & wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- As the dough chills prepare the filling. In a small mixing bowl stir together walnuts, raisins & jam.
- On a floured surface roll out each dough to a ¼-inch thick 12-inch circle. Trim edges to create a clean circle if desired.
- Evenly divide the filling between the two rounds of dough & use an offset spatula to spread an even thin layer.
- Slice into 16 triangles (as if you were slicing a round pizza). Tightly roll each cookie working from the outer edges to the inner edges.
- Transfer cookies to a lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash & sprinkle with coarse sugar. Refrigerate until firm, about 60 minutes.
- Bake at 375(f) degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.