4 pink lady apples, halved & cored
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup old fashioned oats
3 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch fine salt
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees & butter a baking dish.
- Place apples in the prepared baking dish core side up & brush with melted butter.
- In a separate mixing bowl stir together the remaining butter, oats, nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt. Mix until well combined.
- Evenly divide mixture over the apples & bake until the apples are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate & serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.