- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon coffee flavored liqueur (optional)
- Mix butter, brown sugar, instant coffee granules and vanilla thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten using fingers or a flat bottomed drinking glass (dipped in sugar to prevent sticking).
- Bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine powdered sugar, milk and liqueur; mix until frosting is smooth. (note; if not using liqueur, an additional tablespoon of milk may be needed). Drizzle cookies with frosting.