- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal, for a more rustic texture try using a coarser cornmeal
- cup 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease cupcake pan with oil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Whisk egg and milk together, add oil. Pour into flour, mix until well combined.
- Portion batter evenly into baking cups, filling each approximately 2/3 full. Bake for 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.
- Best consumed warm. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.