- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup corn syrup, 1/2 cup water and cinnamon in saucepan. Add apples. Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Add cranberries and cook 10 minutes longer or until cranberry skins pop.
- Mix corn starch and 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl until smooth. Add to cranberry mixture. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Cool to room temperature. Spoon into pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup corn syrup; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Pipe meringue in lattice fashion over cranberry mixture. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.