- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter OR margarine, cut into chunks
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat water, milk, honey and butter until warm (100° to 110°F) and pour into large mixer bowl. Butter may not melt completely. Add yeast and stir to mix; let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add whole wheat flour, oats, salt, pumpkin pie spice and sweet potatoes. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth. Gradually add enough bread flour to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place 1 hour or until double.
- Punch dough down and knead in cranberries and walnuts. Shape into 8-inch log and place in a greased 8-1/2 x 4-inch loaf pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray and allow to rise 30 to 45 minutes or until dough is 1-1/2 inches above pan. Uncover and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool loaf completely on a wire rack.
RECIPE NOTE: Canned sweet potoates, mashed, may be used.