- 1 bag (12 ounces/335 g) fresh OR frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large apples, cored, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Combine cranberries, water, apples, sugar, onion, raisins, ginger, garlic, salt, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add syrup, vinegar and pecans. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Delicious served with roast turkey, pork roast or baked ham.