- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar (depending on tartness of apples)
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 to 6 cups peeled, cubed tart apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup walnuts OR quick oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add apples, cranberries, corn syrup and orange peel; toss to combine. Spoon into shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- For Topping: Combine nuts, brown sugar and flour in a small bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Top apple filling with walnut mixture.
- Bake 50 minutes or until cranberries and apples are tender and juices that bubble up in center are shiny and clear. Cool slightly; serve warm.