- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a 12 muffin cup tin with non-stick cooking spray OR use paper liners.
- Finely chop crystallized ginger. Mix flour, sugar, crystallized ginger, ground ginger, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in center.
- In a separate bowl, blend milk, molasses, oil and egg together. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups two thirds full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: If crystallized ginger is not available, increase ground ginger to 1-1/2 tablespoons.