- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dried currants
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, currants, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Heat milk and water until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter.Spoon batter into 2 (8-1/2 x 4- 1/2-inch) loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack. Slice and toast to serve.