1. Preheat the oven to 425(f) degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan & set aside until ready to use.
2. On a lightly floured surface roll out the prepared pie dough to ¼ inch thick. Using a large biscuit cutter, slice dough into 12 rounds & transfer to the prepared pan. Shape edges to form the tart shells.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk together the butter, sugar, corn syrup, egg, vanilla & salt until well combined.
4. Evenly divide chocolate amongst tart shells. Evenly divide the filling until each shell is ¾ full.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the filling is bubbly. Finish with a sprinkle of salt & a pastry maple leaf.
*Create the maple leafs using a leaf pastry cutter & the pie dough scraps. Simple roll out, cut, brush with egg wash & bake until golden brown.
1 single-crust pie dough
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
½ cup corn syrup
1 large egg, whisked
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon fine salt
½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
Flaked salt, to finish
12 pastry maple leafs*