- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix dry yeast, 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, dill weed, onion and garlic powders in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter or margarine and very watm water in a separate small bowl. Gradually add this to the dry mixture above. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add the cottage cheese, egg, and 1/2 cup of the flour. Beat on high speed 2 minutes. Add remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Cover and let sit 10 minutes. Transfer to a well greased 1-1/2 quart casserole. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free area about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden. Immediately remove bread from casserole. Serve warm, or place on wire rack to cool. If desired, after baking brush with melted butter and a sprinkling of salt.