- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans
- Grease and flour one 9-inch layer cake pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add corn syrup and butter to a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
- Add chocolate; stir until melted. Add sugar; stir in eggs,one at a time, then vanilla, flour and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.