- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 3 to 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- Coffee beans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Bring corn syrup and butter to boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Dissolve coffee crystals in 3 tablespoons whipping cream. Beat together powdered sugar and butter in a small mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add whipping cream mixture and beat until creamy. If necessary, add additional whipping cream until mixture reaches a spreading consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Chill for 30 to 45 minutes or until topping is set.
- Combine chocolate and whipping cream in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup until smooth.
- Pipe or drizzle glaze over brownies. Top with coffee beans, if desired. Chill until glaze is set.
Recipe Note: This can easily be doubled to fit in a 13 x 9-inch pan.