- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 cups chocolate crispy cereal
- 3/4 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil (OR in a 1-quart microwave safe container, microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes until syrup boils). Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla until blended thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips until completely melted and smooth. Add cereal and stir to coat completely.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan and pat into place.
- Top with chocolate candies, then press down.
- Cool and cut into bars. Store in aritight container for up to 2 days.