- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup warm milk (100 to 110°F)
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 3-3/4 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips or baking squares finely chopped
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine warm milk, 1 teaspoon of sugar and yeast in a bowl, stir and let sit 5 minutes or until frothy. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, bread booster and salt.
- Using a microwave safe cup, combine butter and chocolate chips, microwave in 15 second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is melted. Can also be done in a small pot on stove-top over low heat, stir constantly just until melted. Remove from heat.
- Combine 1 cup flour mix, remaining sugar, and yeast mixture in a large mixer bowl, beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 egg, melted chocolate, ¼ cup pecans and 1 cup of flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- To make the filling use a similar method as before; in the microwave or stovetop, melt butter and white chocolate chips together stirring constantly, just until melted. Stir in icing sugar and salt. Set aside to cool.
- Roll dough to 15 by 12-inch rectangle. Spread the filling on half of the dough lengthwise, leaving 1-inch from edges, then fold dough over filling. Pinch edges to seal and gently roll over dough to press filling lightly into dough. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 10 strips, 1-½-inches wide. Take each strip, twist a couple times and then form a ring, pinch ends together to seal, creating a donut shape. Place evenly spread out on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg with 1 tablespoon of water; brush on twists, sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over tops. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 17 minutes, do not overbake. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack. Best enjoyed the same day or day after; reheat for 10 seconds in the microwave for that hot-out-of-the-oven softness.