- 1-12/ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix cake flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat egg yolks in large mixer bowl until very thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar. Add the flour mixture alternately with the water, lemon juice and extracts.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff. Gently fold egg yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Pour into an ungreased 10 x 4-inch tube pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched. Turn pan upside down over a glass bottle to cool. Remove from pan.
- Ice with Lemon Frosting if desired and serve with fresh berries.