- 2 cups 3% whole milk
- 1 ½ cups 35% whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 Earl Grey Tea bags, cut open, use leaves only
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Equipment required, a 1-quart ice cream maker, follow manufacturer’s directions to ensure your freezer bowl is completely frozen before using. Approximately 6 hours but may take longer.
- Using a double boiler method, combine all ingredients in a large metal mixing bowl over a simmering pot of water. Stir mixture occasionally until it starts to steam, about 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cool for 10 minutes while tea continues to steep.
- Strain mixture into a large bowl through a sieve to remove the tea leaves, pressing out excess liquid from the tea. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight until well chilled.
- Pour mixture into frozen ice cream freezer bowl. Process according to manufacturer directions for 25 to 30 minutes or until the consistency of thick soft-serve ice cream. Can be served immediately or stored in a container in the freezer. The ice cream will become more solid in the freezer.
- Place a storage container in the freezer before mixing begins to help prevent any melting while transferring from the machine. For firmer ice cream freeze in container for at least 4 hours.
Recipe Note: The amounts in this recipe will fill a 1-quart size ice cream machine bowl. Bowl sizes vary by manufacturer so amounts may need to be adjusted accordingly.