- 3 L popped corn
- 3 cups unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Combine popcorn and nuts in pan; place in oven while preparing glaze.
- Stir brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine and salt together in a heavy 2-litre saucepan. (Do not use a smaller pan, or mixture may overflow).
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat. Without stirring, boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will foam. Pour syrup mixture over warm popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.