- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk, water, and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in remaining flour, green pepper, red pepper and cheese to make a stiff batter. Spoon in muffin cups well greased with shortening. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from cups; cool on wire rack.