- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground flax seed meal
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Mix together flour, flax seed, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Stir in carrots, apples, walnuts and cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.