- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milled flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine 1 cup flour, milled flaxseed, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in large mixer bowl. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg, 1/2 cup flour and ground cinnamon; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.Roll dough to 10 x 12-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter to within 1 inch of the edges; sprinkle with Cinnamon Filling. Beginning on long side, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam to seal; cut into 1-inch pieces. Place, cut side up, into greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze.
- Cinnamon Filling: In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until well blended.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.