- 3/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) fresh berries
- Melt butter, chocolate chips, cocoa and corn syrup over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Slowly add melted chocolate, stirring well to incorporate. Add vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set. Cake should be firm in center but spring to the touch. Cool completely. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- Serve each slice of cake topped with White Chocolate Mousse and fresh berries.
- Heat white chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream in a heavy saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a medium size bowl and cool until mixutre just begins to thicken.
- Beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream and almond extract into chocolate mixture. Cover.
- Chill at least 2 hours.