- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces; roll each piece to 12-inch rope. Place on large greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack.