- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, cut up
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- OR 2 teaspoons fines herbes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat milk, water and butter until warm (100° to 110°F). Gradually add to flour mixture; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Grease top; cover tightly and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator; punch down. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 18 equal pieces; divide each again into 3 pieces. Roll into smooth balls. Place three balls in each section of 18 greased muffin pan cups. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Combine herb butter ingredients in small bowl; brush on rolls. Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.