- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts, optional
Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled and sliced apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 refrigerated pie crust for single crust (9-inch) pie
- For CRUMB TOPPING: Combine flour and brown sugar in small bowl; Cut in butter using pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Stir in nuts if desired. Set topping aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For APPLE PIE FILLING: Combine sugar, corn starch and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Unfold pie crust; place on foil-lined cookie sheet. Spoon APPLE PIE FILLING into center of crust, leaving 2-inch edge. Sprinkle CRUMB TOPPING over apples. Fold up edge of crust, pinching at 2-inch intervals.
- Bake 15 minutes at 400°F. Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake 35 minutes longer or until apples are tender.