- 1-1/2 cups Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 4 to 5 firm bananas, halved lengthwise and crosswise
- Whipped cream for garnish
For the pancakes:
For the sauce:
- Stir all ingredients together and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto preheated griddle and cook to desired level of browning, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Stir in half and half, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add bananas to skillet; heat for 2 to 3 minutes, spooning sauce over bananas.
- For each serving, place 2 banana pieces on plate and spoon sauce over bananas, and pancakes, then top with a dollop of whipped cream.