- 4 cups sliced strawberries (about 2 pints), divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 to 10 drops red food color, optional
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust, cooled
- Whipped Cream
- Puree or mash 1 cup strawberries in food processor or by hand.
- Combine sugar and corn starch in a medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water, mashed strawberries, lemon juice and food color (optional). Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Gently stir remaining 3 cups sliced strawberries into cooled filling. Spoon into pie crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, just until set.
- Pie is best served the same day prepared. Top with whipped cream, if desired.