- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 3 medium cooking apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Combine 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120oF to 130oF). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg yolks and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half; roll half of the dough on lightly floured surface to fit the bottom of ungreased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan. Place in pan, pressing dough up sides. Spread with Apple Filling. Roll remaining dough large enough to cover filling. Place over filling; seal edges together. Snip surface of dough with scissors to let steam escape. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until evenly golden. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Let cool in pan; cut into squares.
- Apple Filling: Combine water, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large a large saucepan. Stir in egg yolk and apples. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Stir powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth.