- 4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling (coarsely cut cherries with scissors)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg yolks and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half; roll half of the dough on lightly floured surface to fit the bottom of lightly greased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan. (Sides of pan must be at least 1 inch.) Spread evenly with cherry pie filling. Spread Cream Cheese Filling over cherries. Roll remaining dough large enough to cover filling. Seal edges together. Snip surface of dough with scissors to let steam escape. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 8 to 24 hours (OR to bake immediatley, follow instructions below).
- Remove from refrigerator; uncover dough and let stand 10 minutes. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until evenly browned. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Beat cream cheese and corn starch at medium speed of electric mixer in a small bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. *To bake immediately: Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Bake as directed.