- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup warm water (100º to 110ºF)
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons very hot water
- Bring potato and 1-1/2 cups water to a boil in a covered medium saucepan. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are very soft. Mash potatoes in water- a few lumps are fine. Measure potato water to make 1-3/4 cups (add extra water if needed). Pour potato water back into saucepan. Add butter, sugar, salt and buttermilk. Heat or cool until mixture is warm (100° to 110°F).
- Combine 1/2 cup water, yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Combine potato mixture, 2 cups flour and yeast mixture in a large mixer bowl. Beat for 2 minutes until very smooth. Gradually beat in flour, 1 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for 45 to 60 minutes, or until doubled.
- Punch dough down and place on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread dough with half of the butter and sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture. Roll up, beginning with the long side. Seal edges. Cut into 12 rolls and place in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let rise 45 to 60 minutes, until doubled. Baked in preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and salt until blended. Gradually add water until desired consistency. Spread over rolls. Enjoy!