- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter cut into piecies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- CRUST: Combine flour, corn starch, powdered sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and beat with mixer at medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; press firmly into bottom and 1/4-inch up side of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. While crust is baking, prepare fudge filling.
- FUDGE FILLING: Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, salt, vanilla, remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and pecans, if desired.
- Pour filling over hot crust. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until just set. (Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer for firmer bars.) Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into bars.