- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, cut-up
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Heat water, molasses and butter to very warm (120° to 130°F). Pour into flour mixture; add egg. Beat for 30 seconds with electric mixer to combine. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup flour, wheat germ, carrots and parsley to make a stiff batter. Spoon into greased and floured 2-quart casserole. Cover and let rise in a warm draft free place 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Remove from casserole and cool on wire rack.