- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/3 cups very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Prepared marinara OR pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and 1/3 cup oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If not using Pizza Yeast, allow dough to rest 10 minutes.)
- Drizzle bottom of greased pizza pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Pat dough with floured hands to fill pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle; place in pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching edge of the dough. Brush dough with remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt, cheese and Italian herb seasoning.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Remove from oven; cut into 1-inch wide strips. Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.