- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 4 ounces sweet dark (German) chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen** deep-dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs, sugar, flour and salt until creamy. Blend in corn syrup, chocolate, butter and vanilla. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Combine coconut and pecans; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set. Center of pie should spring back when lightly tapped. Cool on wire rack before serving. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.
**To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
TIPS: For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.