- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter OR margarine, divided
- Mix 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut, pecans and 1 egg in a medium bowl; set aside. Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk and 4 tablespoons butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) and add to flour mixture. Beat until smooth; add 2 remaining eggs and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into an 18 x 10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter and brush over dough. Spread with reserved chocolate-coconut mixture. Roll up dough jelly roll style, starting from the long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place dough seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Form a ring by pinching the ends together. With sharp scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-inch intervals. Separate strips slightly to allow filling to show. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Spread melted chips; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Carefully remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.