- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 2 - 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 8 or 9 inch spring form pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar for 3-4 minutes scraping the sides of the bowl often until light and creamy. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough in the spring form pan.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes. Check for doneness by interesting a toothpick in the center of the baking pan. Set aside to cool.
- For frosting: Beat butter, corn syrup, vanilla in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and milk until fluffy, adding additional milk as needed to reach desired spreading consistency.
- Once cookie cake is cooled, run a knife along the side of the baking pan. Pipe frosting generously onto cookie cake with a pastry bag and decorative tip. Note: If spreading frosting on cakes with a knife (instead of piping), use a half recipe of the frosting.