- 1 package (18.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates OR raisins, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup OR Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Additional orange peel for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10 x 4-inch (12-cup) fluted tube cake pan; set aside.
- Combine cake mix, corn starch, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixer bowl. Add pumpkin, orange juice, oil and eggs. Beat at low speed until combined, then beat at medium speed 3 minutes. Stir in dates, if desired. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- For glaze, beat cream cheese, corn syrup, brown sugar and grated orange peel in a small bowl until smooth. If necessary, add 2 to 3 teaspoons milk or orange juice to make desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with additional orange peel.