- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise, then sliced
- 2 teaspoons dark rum (optional)
- 3/4 cup finely crumbled gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies*
- Whipped topping (optional)
- For the pudding, stir together sugar, corn starch and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in milk until smooth. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Continue to stir and allow pudding to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and set aside to cool. (Makes about 2 cups of pudding.) Cool until almost room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- For the bananas, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and cinnamon; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Add the bananas, stirring to coat with the syrup. Cook until bananas begin to soften. Stir in rum, if desired. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs, 3 tablespoons pudding and a few banana slices into each of 12 mini parfait glasses.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate to serve chilled. Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with a few cookie crumbs, if desired.
*Use Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles recipe OR use purchased gluten-free cookies.