- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum**
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round OR square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine rice flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, sugar, mayonnaise and pineapple with juice in a large mixer bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Recipe Note: Recipe may be doubled for a 2-layer (9-inch) cake, as shown in photo OR a 13 x 9-inch cake.
**Xanthan gum is available at larger grocery stores or specialty food stores.