- 1-1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter OR margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Additional heavy cream and sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour mix, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Shred the cold butter into the bowl using a grater. Stir with a fork to coat the butter with flour.
- Add cream, vanilla, and chocolate chips and stir with a spoon until combined. Mixture will be very crumbly.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of parchment paper. Use your hands to form dough into a ball, then flatten slighltly. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of dough and roll to about 1/2-inch thick using a rolling pin. Remove top sheet of paper and cut into 12 equal wedges. Use a spatula to gently pull the wedges apart, leaving about 1 inch between the pieces.
- Lightly brush tops of scones with cream, then sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Transfer parchment paper with scones to a baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until puffed and golden. Transfer scones and paper to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm. Scones may be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.