- 2-1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine flour mix, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and blend until smooth. Add egg, molasses and vanilla and continue mixing until well blended. Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer dough onto plastic film, flatten into a disc, wrap tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly to 1/4-inch thickness (If dough becomes too soft, refrigerate for an additional 10 minutes prior to baking).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm in center. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet.