- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 2-1/4 cups milk OR unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded American cheese
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta (such as elbows OR shells), slightly undercooked and drained
- 1/2 cup crispy rice squares cereal, crushed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine corn starch, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in a medium saucepan. Stir in milk until smooth.
- Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheeses until melted. Add macaroni and mix well. Turn into prepared casserole. If desired, sprinkle with crushed cereal and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Variation: Stir 1 cup diced ham into cheese sauce with macaroni.