- 2-1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Icing or decorations as desired
- Combine flour mix, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until creamy. Add egg, corn syrup and vanilla and continue mixing until well blended. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer dough onto plastic film, flatten into a disc, wrap tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and arrange 3-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly to 1/2-inch thickness using a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- OR divide dough into 3 portions; refrigerate 2 of the portions. Lightly dust counter with Gluten-Free Flour Mix. Roll one portion of dough into a circular shape that is about 1/4-inch thick. Use favourite cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Place cookies on baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm in center and light brown in colour. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Decorating Ideas: Sprinkle cookies with coloured sugar or sprinkles before baking. Or brush with corn syrup and sprinkle with sugar to form patterns. Or frost or drizzle after baking and decorate as desired with coloured sugar or sprinkles.