- 1 cup Make Good Gluten-Free flour Mix (see link for recipe on MakeGood)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger (can use 1 tablespoon fresh grated instead)
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Mazola® Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup hulled hemp seeds
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 226g (8oz pkg) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired
- 9 x 9 square baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, then add the oil, sour cream, pineapple and vanilla, mixing well. Pour into dry ingredients and blend with a wooden spoon just until incorporated. Stir in the carrots, quinoa and hemp seeds until well blended. If using raisins and nuts, add them in now and stir well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are golden. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely prior to frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the butter, cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth, slowly add the icing sugar. Do not over beat, just until it is smooth and holds it shape, add additional icing sugar if needed for a thicker consistency. Spread on top of cooled cake and garnish with chopped nuts if desired.
- Best eaten same day or within three days. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container, best eaten at room temperature.