- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond or another dairy substitute milk
- 3/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Canola Oil
- Optional- add chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine the ground flax and warm water in a small bowl and allow to sit until thick and gel-like, about 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together corn starch, flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mash the bananas until very smooth, add in the vanilla, almond milk, corn syrup, oil, and your flax mixture Flegg, whisk until well blended. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and blend well with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Once it is hot add a teaspoon of oil or cooking spray to pan before adding your pancake batter. Using a ¼ cup measuring scoop, pour batter into pan leaving a bit of space between each pancake. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook other side for another 3-4 minutes. Lower your heat if they start to get browned too fast. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favourite syrup.